Was Your Accident Caused By a Vehicle Defect?
When you purchase a vehicle, you expect it to run safely. Unfortunately, auto defects are extremely common and can lead to serious injuries. If you have been in an accident caused by a defect or have suffered harm from a malfunction, you need the assistance of a personal injury law firm. At Warner, Sechrest & Butts, P.A., we are Gainesville personal injury lawyers who will help you receive fair compensation for your pain, medical bills, and other damages.
Dangers Associated With Auto Defects
There are numerous dangers that may result from auto defects. Although some are minor, others may be devastating and lead to serious injuries or fatalities. The main reason defects are often so harmful is that they commonly involve a vehicle's safety components. What makes matters worse is that many auto manufacturers have knowledge that certain parts may be dangerous and do nothing to remedy the problem. Gainesville accident attorneys are available to help innocent victims get the justice they deserve after suffering injuries.
Common Types of Auto Defects
Vehicle defects may be due to manufacturing errors or design flaws. Below are just a few vehicle defects or malfunctions. If you suspect your accident was caused by one of these issues, you should speak with trusted personal injury lawyers.
- Faulty Airbags. When airbags are defective, they may deploy improperly or unexpectedly, which can cause driver or passenger injuries.
- Defective Brakes. Faulty brakes may fail to stop when necessary and cause serious collisions.
- Seat Belt Malfunctions. Seat belts are the leading safety features in any vehicle. During an accident, they keep people from being thrown from the automobile. When seat belts do not latch properly, individuals are not held securely in place, which can cause great harm.
- Door Latch Defects. When door latches are not secure, they can open upon impact. This can cause passengers to be ejected.
- Faulty Electrical Systems. There are numerous wires that run throughout a vehicle. When they are not set correctly, they can shut down or overheat, which is a fire hazard. Recently, GM was at the root of a major ignition defect that caused many fatalities.
- Tire Blowouts. If your tire blows out or suddenly loses air pressure, it may make your vehicle hard to control. In these times, accidents, including rollovers, may occur. A common defect causes the tread to separate. Also, the use of inferior materials during the manufacturing process may cause a tire to fail as well. Gainesville accident attorneys will make sure manufacturers are held responsible for their negligent behavior.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help After You Are Injured
If you have been injured and suspect an auto defect was to blame, it is essential to consult with a personal injury attorney Gainesville, FL, law team. At Warner, Sechrest & Butts, P.A., we investigate your claims and uncover whether or not your accident was caused by a vehicle defect or malfunction. Our Gainesville personal injury lawyers go to work quickly and fight for your rights.
Contact Our Gainesville Law Firm
Our personal injury law firm proudly serves Gainesville and the surrounding Florida regions. Our team has decades of experience and works tirelessly to make sure you receive a fair settlement. We know how to handle large insurance companies and auto manufacturers, and we never back down. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.